Imagine a mix of Adele and Hall & Oates,
and you’ll hear Dan McLean Jr & Some Honey .
Meet Dan McLean Jr & Some Honey
Dan McLean Jr
Dan’s songs paint portraits of growed-up people falling in love like it was the first time, and having their hearts broken like it was the worst time.
(Wait. Is that a new song?)
Vocal, Percussion, Tiny Keyboard
Vocal, Percussion, Harmonica
What Reviewers are Saying
“A divine conduit of honest-to-goodness music”
“Beautifully performed, and so very well written ~ the positivity and optimism throughout is quite overwhelming, an absolute rarity these days it seems”
“right at home at the end of some momentous and epic film”
“He is one of a kind. The essence of pure, raw, soulful energy”
“I absolutely adore these songs”
“moves way past your ears and straight to your heart”
“You will find yourself singing along time & time again”
Straight off our show at The CBC’s Glenn Gould Studio, we’ll be playing a full show of original music at Glueph’s “The Common Café “.
Doors open at 7:00, and old friend Dave Parkhill will open the show with a short set at 7:30.
Everything should be wrapped up by 9:30.
Cover will be $15 or PWYC (“pay what you can” or “pay what you want”). If you can’t pay, or don’t want to pay … come anyway !
Eat before you come, because while The Common has an excellent barista bar, there’s no hot food.
There are lots of good places to eat, in every price range, within a block of the show.
- Bin 23: Romantic, upmarket eatery serving inventive North American cuisine & a vast selection of fine wines.
- Woks-Taste: Unassuming Asian.
- Atmosphere Café: Urban pub with local art, thin-crust pizza & select entrees, plus craft brews & top-shelf cocktails.
- 39 Carden St: A chalkboard displays the rotating menu of locally sourced dishes at this quaint, relaxed eatery.
- The Cornerstone: Chill cafe with a chalkboard menu of clever vegetarian fare, plus espresso & cocktails.
- La Cucina: simple, elegant eatery offers fine Italian cuisine & al fresco dining on a patio.
- Breezy Corners: Family restaurant.
- Fat Bastard Burrito.
Contact Dan McLean Jr
Dan McLean Jr & Some Honey plays concert halls, theatres, and other ‘Listening’ rooms. We play all original music.
Imagine a mix of Adele and Hall & Oates, and you’ll hear Dan McLean Jr & Some Honey.
We’re wide open to opening for other artists, and have very minimal set-up & stage requirements. One guitar and four voices.
Dan is also available for short, solo sets.
Dan also presents workshops on “Mic Technique for Singers” and “Engaging Your Audience”.